How to Clean Washing Machine? These are one of the most commonly used appliances in our homes. Over time, they can start to build up dirt, grime, and other residues that can leave your clothes looking less than their best. In this article, we’ll show you how to clean your washing machine so that it’s back to its sparkling self in no time!
Why is it important of cleaning?
It is important to clean your washing machine because if you don’t, it can lead to a build-up of mold and mildew. This can not only cause your washing machine to smell bad, but it can also make your clothes smell bad. In addition, a build-up of mold and mildew can shorten the life of your washing machine.
What are the consequences of not cleaning your washing machine?
If you don’t clean your machine, the consequences can be pretty serious. Over time, soap scum, body oils, and other dirt and grime will build up in your machine. This can lead to bad smells, decreased efficiency, and even mold and mildew growth. In extreme cases, it can even lead to machine breakage. So it’s definitely worth taking the time to give your washer a good cleaning every now and then.
How often should you clean your washing machine?
It’s important to keep your washing machine clean so that your clothes come out clean and fresh. But how often should you clean it? And what’s the best way to clean it?
Here are some tips on how often to clean your washing machine and the best way to do it:
- -Every month or two, run an empty cycle with just hot water and a cup of white vinegar. This will help remove any built-up detergent and grime.
- Once a year, deep clean your washing machine by running an empty cycle with hot water and a cup of baking soda.
- If you have hard water, you may need to clean your washing machine more often. Run an empty cycle with hot water and half a cup of vinegar every month or two to help remove any build-up of minerals.
What is the best way to clean your washing machine?
Just like any other appliance in your home, it needs to be cleaned on a regular basis to keep it running properly. Luckily, cleaning a washing machine is fairly easy and only takes a few minutes.
Here are the basic steps:
1. Unplug the washing machine and turn off the water supply.
2. Remove any laundry from the washer.
3. Wipe down the inside of the washer tub with a damp cloth to remove any dirt or residue.
4. Run a cycle with hot water and vinegar: Fill the washer tub with hot water and add a cup of vinegar. Let the cycle run for a few minutes before stopping it. The vinegar will help remove any remaining dirt and residue and leave your washing machine looking and smelling fresh.
5. Run another cycle with just hot water: This will help rinse away any vinegar residue and leave your washing machine sparkling clean.
Are there any other special tips for cleaning?
If you have a top loading machine, you can add vinegar to your detergent compartment. This will help to remove any built up residue and keep your machine clean. You should also run an empty cycle with just vinegar and water once a month. For front loading washing machines, you can use a washing machine cleaner tablet or liquid once a month to help clean and remove any build-up in the machine.
With this guide, you now know how to clean your washing machine both inside and out. By taking the time to do this once a month, you can keep your machine running smoothly and efficiently for years to come. Not to mention, you’ll also extend the life of your clothes by preventing them from being ruined by built-up dirt and grime. So what are you waiting for? Get cleaning!